Thread: Router with multiple ip addresses

Router with multiple ip addresses

Hello, I have 3 IP addresses, just that the outputs are to 10 Mbps, and then connecting all the computers in LAN the maximum speed is 10 Mbps .. and as I have in the pc cards network by at least 100 Mbps .. I would find a way to make the most of the band ... how can I do? Is there a way to make LAN between their PCs and at the same time exploit all three of fastweb IP addresses?

Re: Router with multiple ip addresses

I go to networking because spans are rusty, sorry ...
    do not go astray if you need a broadband router, because the hag has an -45 Ethernet aka, the router will be comprised in order to assign each pc an address assigned by fastweb.

This result can be achieved in different ways depending on the type of addresses. In general, however, the router will create three interfaces wan, that appear as a PC connected to the internet, then each will have one of three addresses assigned by the provider, these interfaces will be assigned to 3 pc in your LAN, and then the router will only redirect connections from each PC directly to and from the Internet, through a specific interface.

In any case, use one or three addresses, it makes no difference in terms of occupied bandwidth.

you have 3 "bands" to be considered, the first is that between the hag and the Internet, or that of your connection.
    The second is that you'd like to have in your local network.
    the third is that between the hag and the LAN.

to address the problem need some information, for example, the number of ports available and how they have managed that ...

There are 3 ethernet outputs ... which are now connected 3 pc ... to keep me interested right to 3 addresses an issue of accessibility within the network fastweb

The second is that you'd like to have in your local network.
    it affects me to this ... I want to make sure that the PC can communicate with each other at least 100 Mbps ..

I do not know how the ports are managed ... you say that you can take all 3 addresses to a single port?

Do not say so frankly, the issue is not only quite technical in terms of networking, but mainly depends on the specific terms.

failing fastweb I can not help that much.
    on your pc you must manually set an address or receive it dynamically?

if you have a pc with 2 network cards you might try creating a bridge on that PC, at this point to connect a network card and a second pc ...

or do you take a switch ..