Thread: Does AVG comes free and it's safe to use.

unsure Does AVG comes free and it's safe to use.

Hello everyone,

I would like to download AVG antivirus software for my system. I would like to know does it come free of cost and whether its effective and safe to use? Does any one have any idea about it. Kindly reply your suggestion.

Thank you.

Re: Does AVG comes free and it's safe to use.

AVG Free Edition is the well-known anti-virus protection tool. AVG Free is available free-of-charge to home users for the life of the product!

Rapid virus database updates are available for the lifetime of AVG Free Edition, providing a high-level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their PCs. AVG Free is easy-to-use and will not slow your system down (low system resource requirements).

AVG is efficient, and good, and has few false positives, on the other hand it doesn't catch as much real viruses as Avast or Antivira antivirus software does.

AVG continues to be one of the most popular free antivirus programs available on the internet and it maintains its position with a combination of effective protection and an easy to use interface.

AVG Free has been improved and it is easier to see what protection AVG is providing and what needs attention via icons in the main part of the screen. Tabs along the left hand side give quick access to important information on updates and ongoing scans.

In addition to traditional antivirus protection, AVG Free now offers protection from Spyware without installing extra software.

An extra feature added with AVG 8 is the LinkScanner. LinkScanner works with Internet Explorer and Firefox to check links found in Google, Yahoo and MSN searches to make sure that there is no risk to click on the links.

There are many antivirus software options in the market, but finding one that's effective with a good development team and frequent updates is harder to come by. AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition,is a free program that offers proactive protection along with handy scheduling features, lets you establish a basic line of defense against malicious viruses. I think you should go for for AVG antivirus software.

I would suggest you go for Avira Antivir or Avast antivirus rather than AVG. AVG is good but not as good as Avira or Avast. I am saying this on personal experience. Avira and Avast are both free and recommended antivirus.