Thread: Problem While Mapping Network Drive

Problem While Mapping Network Drive

Hi,
    i have problem while sharing a drive on network I have two computer file on the pc running win2000 server.I can map that with username and password on my computer.but it is unable to access by another computer.
    I'm trying to map network share to one of our users and I fail all the time.
    Both PCs are on 1 domain.
    When I logon through FTP I get:
    but nothing shows up in the remote site dir listing.

Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Problem While Mapping Network Drive

hi,
    The problem is that System services cannot recognize mapped network drives by letter. Any network location specified must be placed in UNC format (//server/share).

Go though My Network Places > My Network > Microsoft Windows Network > Domain ? Server > Pick the Shared Folder.

If the problem related to Path Syntax Error then follow the step which are given below:

To eliminate errors in UNC path syntax, follow these steps to map an NFS drive and Reflection NFS will automatically input the path information.
    In Windows XP, click Start > right-click My Network Places > Search for computers.

In Windows 2000, right-click My Network Places and click Search for Computers.

In Windows 98/ME and Windows NT, click Start > Find > Computer.
    Enter the name or IP address of the NFS host that has the remote file system you want to map, and then click Find or Search. The host name or IP address will appear in the bottom half or right half of the window.
    If you have not already authenticated to the host, right-click the NFS host's name and click NFS Logon. Enter your User Name and Password, and then click OK to return to the prior screen.
    Double-click the NFS host name or IP address to view the host's available exported file systems. You can continue to double-click folders that are beneath this level until you reach the file system you want to map.
    Right-click the folder that represents the remote file system you want to map, and then click Map Network Drive.
    Select a drive letter or accept the default. Click OK to map the drive to your NFS file system. For further details regarding the Map Network Drive dialogue box, click Help.

hi,
    I think i had fixed that problem, I published command prompt and when the client drives were correctly mapped typed on command prompt; Change Client /persisten​t. After that seems like client drives works every time with all applicatio​ns.

hi,
    When using any folder for sharing, you can set different sharing permissions for different folders, so that you can control the way other users can access or modify the shared content. It is recommended that you use this method mostly when sharing large files, as you eliminate the result of having two copies of the same file or folder.
    take more help from here.