Thread: Launch Antivirus in Safe Mode

Launch Antivirus in Safe Mode

Hello,

Personally I have never been infected by viruses. But against,

I do not understand why my anti-virus does not start mode without fail? (I use Bitdefender Pro 9).

1. Is this normal?

2. Do you have the same problem as me?

3. And if one day, if I would be infected, is it possible to remove all

the infection is in normal mode? Thank you for your responses.

Re: Launch Antivirus in Safe Mode

Hello, it works normally in Safe mode, and it is better, because without it, it deprives us of a way to eliminate these viruses.

Safe mode starts Windows without a number of functions and pilot services. It may be, theoretically, an antivirus service is disabled, but publishers are smarter than that, so it amazes me that it does not work. It does not start? An error message? Or you double click on the icon and nothing happens?

Sometimes the scanner background (icon next to the clock) is disabled in safe mode, but we can still do the manual scan (classic) ... (start menu, shortcuts)

If one day you were infected, can pass safe mode is actually a solution, or use HijackThis puor cut boot entry of the virus, so it can not be loaded into memory (active), and then there more than) delete files. As against it must have identified all the entries, this is the difficulty.

you're right, it must still running the scanner on-demand, is not it? And when I click from the start menu, nothing happens. As against, when I wanted to turn off my computer, it displays a message error, saying that bdss.exe must close. What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobius View Post
    you're right, it must still running the scanner on-demand, is not it? And when I click from the start menu, nothing happens. As against, when I wanted to turn off my computer, it displays a message error, saying that bdss.exe must close. What does this mean?
    That when Windows is ready to extinguish bdss (= Bitdefender) is still in the process of turning (which is a bit normal you will tell me) and that Windows has a little trouble closing it in a classical (as = other programs), it is ca programs with big enough ...

bdss.exe belongs to bitdefender (BitDefender Scan Server). Is it up to date? (final version of the program, not definition files). This type of error can happen when the antivirus scan to extinction a number of things (and other disk), see in the options if you can not disable scanning to extinction, if the option exists course. Then you set windows to reduce the time of termination of the programs? (file based registry), if so, perhaps it should return to the default config, and if not, perhaps it should try.