Thread: ASUS RT-G32 Wireless Router

ASUS RT-G32 Wireless Router

ASUS, a leading producer of network products, has today released the new ASUS RT-G32 wireless router. Providing users with a straightforward means for setup and usage is a key design feature of the RT-G32's user-friendly interface, which serves to deliver an optimized networking experience. Furthermore, with security over any wireless network of the utmost importance, the RT-G32 features an easy-to-use WPS that sets up with just a button-push—a welcome change from traditional complex setups and settings. With simple yet strong security and Vista compatibility, the ASUS RT-G32 is the best choice for simple, secure networking.

Importance of Wireless Network Security

If users have an unsecured wireless network in their homes or small offices, there is a danger of compromised security by anyone in close proximity of the network. Depending on how well a user's network is configured, this can result in unauthorized hacking or full access to the user's hard drive over the unsecured wireless network. Furthermore, traditional installation, setup and configuration of network security used to be very complicated for most users. This usually led to users not installing or improperly installing the network security. Even with a successful Wired Equivalency Privacy (WEP) encryption installed, a recent weakness was discovered which allowed any WEP key to be easily cracked with readily available software. This is why additional security measures are so important.

WPS – the Easy Way to Enhance Network Data Security

WPS is a regulation that allows easy setups for wireless LAN device connections and security. Controlled by the Wi-Fi Alliance—an international association that governs the interoperability of wireless Local Area Network products, WPS-supported wireless LAN devices' greatest advantage is the ability to allow users to easily setup a secure wireless LAN connection without any complex configurations. With the RT-G32, by just pushing the WPS hardware button* on the RT-G32, even users who have never setup a wireless LAN before can now enjoy secure network connections, without any hassles. Furthermore, WPS has been integrated and supported in Windows Vista.
    • In order to set up the wireless LAN by WPS function, the main unit and client device has to have WPS ready function as well.

Support for Windows Vista and Windows Connect Now

Additionally, the RT-G32 works perfectly with Microsoft Vista™ and proudly sports Microsoft's “Work with Windows Vista” logo—allowing users to be confident that it will work well with the newest Vista operating system. Working via the Windows Connect Now (WCN) feature, the RT-G32 can enable any PC running Vista to associate and join the Wi-Fi network of the router easily and securely.

File Sharing and Peace of Mind with Wireless LAN Security Enhancements

The RT-G32 ensures that users can safely share files with features such as the NAT Firewall, Single Port and Port Range Filter, a MAC address filter and an URL based filter. These features provide users with the ease of mind, especially when personal documents are involved.

Specifications of ASUS RT-G32 Wireless Router

Specifications

• Network Standard : IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.3, IEEE802.3x, IEEE 802.3u, IPv4, CSMA/CA, CSMA/CD

• Features : Built-in DHCP server automatically assigns IP address to all workstations on LAN , 802.11b/g provides WEP, WPA, WPA2 and SSID functions for security

• Operating Frequency: 2.4G ~ 2.5GHz

• Operation Channel : 11 for N. America, 14 Japan, 13 Europe (ETSI)

• Ethernet Port : WAN x 1, LAN x 4 RJ45 for 10/100 BaseT

• Buttons: WPS Push Button, Reset default buttons

• LED: Power x 1, WLAN x 1, WAN x 1, LAN x 4

• Security: 64/128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA-TKIP/AES, WPA-PSK, WPA-ENT, Radius with 802.1x

• Authentication: MAC address

• Firewall: NAT Firewall, IP Filter, URL based filter, MAC Address filter

• VPN Support: IPSec Pass-Through, PPTP Pass-Through, L2TP Pass-Through

• Network Protocol Support: UPnP, DHCP, DNS Proxy, NTP Client, Port Trigger, Virtual Server, Virtual DMZ, VPN Pass-Through

• Receiver Sensitivity: IEE802.11b: -88dBm (Typical) and IEE802.11g: -74 dBm (Typical)

• Utilities: EZ Setup Wizard, Firmware Restoration, Device Discovery

• System Requirements : Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher

• DC Power Adapter : DC Input: +12V with max 1A current

• Dimensions: 67 x 110 x 33mm (L x W x H, not including Antenna size)

• Weight : 198.2g

Re: ASUS RT-G32 Wireless Router

Hello,
    I have a problem with this router. After I have I configured it, it worked perfect but after a week, when I opened the PC it didnt let me connect to the internet. The laptop was connected to the wifi network but no page could be displayed. I have tried to access the router's page but doenst let me, I get the typcial: Page can not be displayed. I can ping the router and receive reply and I also reset it but with no use. Now I can see a wifi network created by it, called RT-G32, but not the old network.
    What I have to do to be able to access the router's page and confirur a new connection ? Any idea ?
    Thank you in advance for your help.