Thread: Transferring from computer to Xbox

Transferring from computer to Xbox

I was going to get xbox music mixer but then many people told me that its not worth. I wanted to transfer files from my PC to Xbox. But I wonder is it possible to transfer without xbox music mixer. Can I do this with only a system link cable?

Re: Transferring from computer to Xbox

You need to network your xbox with your computer, it's pretty simple if you have a dsl modem. Once you have connected your Xbox with your modem all you have to do is find the IP of your xbox and your in.

Get Xbox music mixer. It is nice. To connect your PC to your Xbox video game system without a home network, you will first need an RJ-45 crossover Ethernet cable. (An Xbox System Link Cable is a crossover Ethernet cable.)

Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the back of your Xbox.
    Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on your PC.
    Reboot your PC and your Xbox video game system.
    Start Xbox Music Mixer in your Xbox.
    Run Xbox Music Mixer PC Tool on your PC. (Click the Start button, select All Programs, and then choose Xbox Music Mixer PC Tool from the list.)
    (Return to menu.)

Quote Originally Posted by azianai View Post
    I was going to get xbox music mixer but then many people told me that its not worth. I wanted to transfer files from my PC to Xbox. But I wonder is it possible to transfer without xbox music mixer. Can I do this with only a system link cable?
    Sure, just use FTP after making a network link between the PC and the XBox, for example :

PC Config
    IP address: 192.168.0.2
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Xbox Config
    IP address: 192.168.0.3
    Gateway: 0.0.0.0

Username: xbox
    Password: xbox

In the FTP program use
    IP Address: 192.168.0.3
    Site: Xbox
    Username: xbox
    Password: xbox

Ok i got the music mixer mainly because my ver of the xbox dosent play burnt cds and i cant get all my awesome mix cds on my xbox.

But anyways i know how to transfer music to the music player but how do i transfer it to my xbox console so it will show up in my soundtracks so i can play them in-game and from the xbox interface?

The only way to take computer music to somewhere else is by burning it, or putting it on an MP3 player. Xbox has no MP3 hook up, and the xbox won't play burned discs (to cut down on piracy). So your a lost cause unless you modify your xbox to hook up to your computer (which is possible but you have to be extremly tech-savy).

Quote Originally Posted by unknown212 View Post
    Ok i got the music mixer mainly because my ver of the xbox dosent play burnt cds and i cant get all my awesome mix cds on my xbox.

But anyways i know how to transfer music to the music player but how do i transfer it to my xbox console so it will show up in my soundtracks so i can play them in-game and from the xbox interface?
    Go to Music Player, go to Create/Edit, highlight the soundtrack, then go to games. The soundtrack will then transfer into games.