Thread: Wifi connection Problem with Vista

Wifi connection Problem with Vista

I have two laptops to my home one run on XP and the other with Vista.
    Whoever runs under XP manages to connect to a hotspot of nine telecom, for against the PC with Vista will succeed, but it no longer works.

It connects to the network, so that the computer is connected to nine wifi that is connected to the Internet, but when I open a web page, it says: "Internet Explorer can not display the webpage".
    When I diagnose connection problems, he wrote: "Windows has detected no problem with network connection on this computer."

When I go into Network and Sharing Center, I see that the number of packets sent is much lower than the number of packages received. I want to stress that I turned off all anti-virus and firewall.
    And when I diagnose the window "State wireless network connection, it is written:" Unable to communicate with DNS server. Diagnoses network sent a ping to the host network, but n have not received a response. "

What should i do ?

Re: Wifi connection Problem with Vista

Restart your box Nine / SFR. Verify that the SID and ID are correct. Verify that the codes of WEP encryption / WAP are correct. Make a MAC address filtering is not in place or that the PC requesting the connection is included in the filter MAC authorization. assign DNS manually.

Unfortunately, as I just move my neufbox connection does not work yet, so I am compelled to connect in hotspot.

The owner of the hotspot has probably limited access or to set up a filter. You are too distant to have a proper flow or access is overworked, you're probably not alone in wanting to surf for free. Wait until you have your own Internet access.

I can connect with a PC running XP and a good signal. it gives me a problem because I'll often in libraries or wireless connections are available and where I find myself in the same situation ( I am connected to the Internet, but I can not open a page ).

Check if a malware does not connect on the PC if you have not already done so. You can use a tool like Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Remove your existing connections and recreate them into helping you dedicated the utility of Vista.