Thread: No More file sharing in wifi when I plug in the rj45

No More file sharing in wifi when I plug in the rj45

Hi,

I have 2 PC and a tuned-in and wireless router.
    Before I had a PC running XP and another with Vista with each of the wifi enabled it to the Internet and file sharing via tuned. Considering the average wifi when I tranfer large files I connect an Ethernet cable between two and suddenly the 2 PC directly through the ethernet cable as soon as I connect without asking anything so this was very practical.
    Now I spent my second PC running XP because Vista does not need me and I kept the same settings

• Wifi internet and small transfer
    • Ethernet for large files, but the problem now is that with XP and XP when I
    • plug my ethernet cable between my PC file sharing does not work as I said I do not have access or that I did not have permission.I have any more access to remote pc.

I go to remote PC side by a shortcut on the desktop like "\ \ MonPC"

I hope I have been quite explicit.
    Thank you for your help

Re: No More file sharing in wifi when I plug in the rj45

local your network is enabled on your 2 pc

What I will do: assign a fixed IP address to the ethernet card that is in a range different from the Freebox. For example 192.168.10.1 and 192.168.10.2 with a mask of 255.255.255.0.

And you replace your shortcut \ \ MonPC by \ \ 192.168.10.x (x according to replace the PC on which you are).

Yes yes my local network is activated on both pc.

To keep things simple as I remain an option now it works, for once against I go into rj 45 (without changing anything at setting shares) to accelerate the rate it does not work anymore and when I redebranche the rj 45, the only wifi longer works for the network but works for the net.I need to reboot for it to work again in wifi.

What happens there when I plug this cable is the mystery because before formatting it worked and I configured the same way as before.

To answer Spyrus ,I'm already fixed IP with a mask exactly as you described.
    I will try to change. because I have not tried it yet.

Thank you Spyrus it works

in fact, I created a shortcut on the desktop style \ \ 192.168.0.x on both PC and it works this time the disc shared ethernet (for large transfers). Since I was already fixed IP testing and development has been rapid. For the ethernet using \ \ 192.168.0.x

But with Vista shortcut walked one for both (wireless and ethernet) as what is the best in Vista)