Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: The dependency service or group failed to start

Re: The dependency service or group failed to start

Thanks Bharat I have tried that and the steps suggested by Tisante00. I get the access is denied message after the second step tisante00 suggests with no relief of my problem.

I think I have tracked it down to 2 Microsoft drivers, should I uninstall them and reboot? I don't want to make the problem worse ?

Hi Andrea1,

You have to run the command prompt as an administrator. You can use start/accessories, locate command prompt, RIGHT click and choose "Run as administrator". Open an elevated command prompt. Once at the command prompt, type: netsh int ip reset iplog.txt. The last part of the command: "iplog.txt," is the filename of the logged results of the command if you want to view it. The name can be altered as you wish.

TSISANTE00: Your post was excellent, I am now connecting to the internet.

Thanks

Re: Help! Dependency service or group failed to start

Thank you all!!!! You guys and girls deserve an award!! I was able to fix my problem just by reading everyone else's.. You are amazing...thanks!

hey tsisante00!! Two thumbs up!! .. this is the second time I had this problem... first time, I ended up recovering from a backup point... and now everything was pretty much simpler. THANK YOU..

Is win 7 so awful? ... 2 yrs ago I have worked with Mac, and I havenĀ“t had this kind of trouble... to my fortune, I split the Mac HDD... one partition I have win 7 and OSX and I keep working, until today I decided to resolved that win7 problem.

Are you running the DOS command window in administrator mode? it seems a permission problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
    This seems to be the most helpful forum on this topic. I have been following the 5 steps above, but after the second I get the following message:

Reseting echo request, failed
    Access is denied
    Reseting interface, ok!

I reboot and the problem still exists. Can anyone help?

Hi, I keep getting the Dependency service or group failed to start message even when i try to to open cmd as an administrator.
    I have a dell53os vista as the OS. Can anyone help me?

Hello I am not familiar with it,while searching about your query i found the following link. please go with the following link and see if its helpful for you or not. in between i will try to find more about it. as soon as i will get any useful info about it then i will post back here.
    Programs (not network associated) refuse to open "dependency service or group failed to start"

Im sure this must be a virus as it happened all of the sudden.
    I suspect keep-tube.com after downloading a video and playing it I experienced this issue.
    I made my network function after adding the localservice and networkservice to the administrators group (Thanks IrishKevO) which to me proves that these services were attacked by some outside source, however network services are not available to me as a normal user and this makes switching networks a real pain.
    If anyone can help me to restore these services as a non-administrator i would be grateful.
    Thanks to everyone who has posted here as it was very helpful and much appreciated

smile Re: The dependency service or group failed to start

Quote Originally Posted by Roolet View Post
    Thanks for that. I don't have any quarantined filed available to be
    restored through Trend Micro, so I probably deleted them, like you. I'll
    have a look at SP1. All best.

I had the same issue and as it is a corrupt TCP/IP Stack

To fix, you will need to run a command prompt as administrator
    Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt (Right-Click and
    Run as Administrator)
    At the command Prompt type : netsh winsock reset

Ignore all errors, restart your computer and networking should work
    THIS WORKED FOR ME!!!

I have a toshiba EQUIUM A200 - 1VO With Windows Vista O/S and i suddenly lost all wi-fi and network abilties. A red across appeared across my network icon with the words dependency or group falier above it and i had a windows service message appear as well.

This appears to have sold the problem. Thank you so much mate!!!

Thank you very much TSISANTE00!!!

Thank you tsisante00. After spending hours in failed attempts to fix this problem, I was ready to get out my hammer. But you saved the computer with your wonderful gift. Thank you dearly.

I have to post this as I have not seen this fix posted- I was messing around with my startup program a few days ago trying to speed up my startup, alas I figured I may have screwed up my startup. That is exactly what happened, my fix after trying everything else posted above was:

go to search bar

make sure you on Normal startup

hit apply and OK and bingo it works.

Hope that helps someone as it took me a day to figure it out.

I've got the same problem, but neither of the fixes work.

For the first time in a while I need to connect my win7 PC to a homegroup, and can't do it, because I can't set up the connection to 'home', because windows doesn't see my network.

The funny thing is, the net is working perfectly fine on a LAN cable and worked for ages, so I never even noticed the issue, until now when I need a homegroup.

I tried restore point, but it looks like it's been like that for ages, because the restore doesn't help at all.

I reinstalled the network adapter driver, nothing.

I tried changing the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Spooler DependOnService to RPCSS

I tried netsh winsock reset -> netsh int ip reset -> net localgroup administrators localservice /add -> net localgroup administrators networkservice /add

I tried to replace nlasvc.dll

None of these methods do anything. The net still works perfectly fine, the error still comes up and I still can't get on a homegroup. Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Natasz View Post
    I've got the same problem, but neither of the fixes work.

For the first time in a while I need to connect my win7 PC to a homegroup, and can't do it, because I can't set up the connection to 'home', because windows doesn't see my network.

The funny thing is, the net is working perfectly fine on a LAN cable and worked for ages, so I never even noticed the issue, until now when I need a homegroup.

I tried restore point, but it looks like it's been like that for ages, because the restore doesn't help at all.

I reinstalled the network adapter driver, nothing.

I tried changing the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Spooler DependOnService to RPCSS

I tried netsh winsock reset -> netsh int ip reset -> net localgroup administrators localservice /add -> net localgroup administrators networkservice /add

I tried to replace nlasvc.dll

None of these methods do anything. The net still works perfectly fine, the error still comes up and I still can't get on a homegroup. Any other ideas?
    You need to check if a homegroup already exists on the network, if it is, then you will be asked to join it. Also verify if IPv6 is enabled on your Windows 7. If IPv6 is disabled, HomeGroup will not be created. The Peer Networking Grouping and HomeGroup Provider* services must both be also running. Check all this things to make sure you have done the same.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast