Thread: problem with server 2003 internal load balancing program

Exclamation problem with server 2003 internal load balancing program

hello

ok i have two nics in my server using ip addresses of 192.168.1.2/3
    on a class c network
    i set up load balancing and the cluser ip is 192.168.1.10
    and the load balancing manager says everything is running
    i have them directly connceted into my wireless router which goes out to my isp i do not have them going through a switch or hub. Do i need them to be connected to a switch or hub?
    now i have lights on the router and computer yet i cant ping my router
    and since i cant get to the router i cant get to the internet on my server.
    also on the web interface of the router it says that those nics are not connected.
    i dont know if set up the load balancing incorrectly or if i have to enable some ports on my router or something else

if somebody could either help me out to set this up rihgt if it sounds like i set it up wrong or help me with the problem

thanks
    if you need any more info just let me know

Quote Originally Posted by callmeking12 View Post
    i have them directly connceted into my wireless router which goes out to my isp i do not have them going through a switch or hub. Do i need them to be connected to a switch or hub?
    I dont think there will be any difference if they are connected directly or through switch. Anyhow, its going to router only. A switch ar hub only acts as an intermediate between many nic connections and a router.

What exactly did you do in load balancing? Did you add an ADC for that? If yes, then the nic's are in which server, PDC or ADC?

I think due to connecting 2 nics simultaneously, it must be creating problems to router to detect them. What is the result if you connect only 1 nic at a time?

I'm guessing you mean windows server 2003. details help.

That's not how you do load balancing. Network load balancing is to distribute traffic over several servers, not to shotgun a connection on a single server.

I think you're looking to do something like Nvidia's Dualnet. Using dual adapters, aka teaming, probably won't help you much since you'll be bottlenecked by the ISP.

thanks for the replies

i just set up a cluster in the load balancer. is there more that i need to do?

but if this is only to be used between other servers if i set up another server would it still double my bandwidth

i dont know alot of this stuff cause im only in high school and tryin to teach my self alot of this stuff

and if i set up the nic teaming would it be bottlenecked by the isp even though it is going through the different ports in the router and its not adding more speed just using more of what i already have? if that makes sense

thanks for the replies

also is the dualnet a program you can download or do you need to have a specfic mobo