Thread: Problem while installing Office 2007

Problem while installing Office 2007

I'm trying to install Office 2007 but half way of the installation i get an error message saying "setup cannot find office.en-us\1033\dwintl20.dll. Browse to a valid installation source." I'm trying to install Office 2007 on my computer. I had it installed before but the HDD went bad and Dell replaced it. I'm now trying to install it on the new HDD and encountering this issue. I'm at a loss as to how to get it to install.

Should I call Dell? I'm really not looking forward to it, based on my previous experiences.

Thank you.

Re: Problem while installing Office 2007

Did you purchased this Office 2007 Edition from Microsoft? Also was there any Office Trial edition already installed on your Dell Computer? If yes, then first you would have removed the Trail completely from the system before installing the full edition because the trial creates such problem. Secondly if you are trying to re-install the already installed Office edition then obviously you will need to call Dell because it is an OEM version and Microsoft wont entertain any OEM related queries.

The odd thing is, the file is actually on the disk, so I'm not sure why it's putting out this error.
    Plus, when it asked to provide a source for this file, I tried pointing to my HDD where I stored a version of this file (remember I had the Office working on my old HDD, so I moved this file from there), but it doesn't want to accept it.

This is an Error Reporting file, not sure what it means though.

I have a feeling the culprit is not not the actual file.

thanks.

RE: Problem while installing Office 2007

Just try installing it using Office Installation disk you received from Dell with the computer.

I'am installing from the disk. it says this file is missing, when it is in fact on the disk.