Thread: Uninstall/Repair Office 2003 Pro

Uninstall/Repair Office 2003 Pro

I am trying to reinstall or either repair Office 2003 but there is nothing that I can do. The Windows Installed will start and then run for sometime and then it will give me error message that states " This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package." This error will also occur if I go to Add or Remove Programs or if I run the setup through the CD. I also lost the feature to have "Recent Files" from the file menu in both Word and Excel. The option menu is also greyed out. Can anyone please help. Thanks.

You can try to use the local Install Source is a Setup feature that copies the install source files from the Microsoft Office 2003 installation media (for example, the Office 2003 CD-ROM) to the Msocache folder. For more information, visit this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825933/en-us

Do you work in an Office environment? If yes, then you have to contact the network admin as he might be able to try out the proper repairs remotely. What all steps have you taken to start the repair? Open Outlook and then try to click the Help/Detect and Repair or you can even try to insert the office CD and run the repair from there. If there are any missing files, then it could be that your user profile might not be able to see the hidden and sytem folders. You will have to adjust that view in the Control Panel under Folder Options.

Re: Uninstall/Repair Office 2003 Pro

Re: Uninstall/Repair Office 2003 Pro

I f you want then you can try out using Eraser2K it is a Utility to completely remove lefts out of Office , just check it out and then perform the solution that has been mentioned in the below article:
    Utility to completely remove remaining Office CD1 files and registry entries