Thread: Quick Access Toolbar and Roaming Profiles

Quick Access Toolbar and Roaming Profiles

I am working with roaming profile in my network. Recently there were some upgrades. We had switched to Office 2007 from 2003. Now here when the users are trying to customize the settings of quick access toolbar the settings did not get saved at all. I am not able to find the reason behind the same. It looks the folder is not properly copied in the server when the user log off the system and due to which he has to do the settings again. I am looking for some help here. I think this would be possible through windows registry.

It looks like the outside QAT file is not updating on the server due to which the profile is not updated. There are two different profiles created. You have to find a script that would help you to copy those QAT files on the server and simply sync the template. That will be working quiet well.

I will also recommend you to go with some kind of script that would help you to do what you are trying. But doing that again and again would be annoying. You have to contact MS Help support for the same where you can find a better guidance. The main requirement here is to find out the solution for replicating the profiles properly whenever changes are done.