Thread: Word 2003 Stopped Working

Word 2003 Stopped Working

I am facing problem with Office 2003 on Windows Vista. I had upgraded my system to Vista first and then installed Office 2003 on the same. This was done a week before. The setup was proper. But when I open Word it works for sometime and crashes. It is not at all giving a proper output. I had checked on the web but not able to find out any compatibility problem between Vista and Office 2003. I have some my friends that are using Office 2003 work well on Vista.

Try to update the office version if possible. It is better if you can manage to get Office 2007. But if you are not then I will recommend you to add Service Pack. That would be another better option. Windows Update can also help you get some latest patches and fixes to make it work properly.

Yes get the new service pack update. That is quiet important. Or else you would get the same kind of error. You have to check one more thing. Go in the event viewer and check out the log. Copy paste the entire error description from that place and post it here so that you can get more troubleshooting help.

same problem, temp solution

I have the same problem: Word 2003 quits automatically at start up on a vista computer. i think it may be related to Office SP3. I tried numerous things upon reading various tech forums to no avail. (Originally I thought it was a conflict with Acrobat 8). Finally, I reinstalled Office and did not update it to SP3, and the problem seems to have gone away (for now). Word is working fine.

Still, I'd welcome additional advice for how to both update my Office to SP3 and not have the problem with Word.

FYI, I am not a techie by any stretch of the imagination. Just wading my way through Vista hell.