Thread: Office 2007 csv export

Office 2007 csv export

Hey guys, I have a short query, in fact need a small tip. This is the first time I’m using Outlook 2007. During the setup one of my friends have imported my contacts to outlook, which was about 6 months ago. Now I want to export all my Outlook contacts to a CSV file but I’m not getting where is that option in the menu. I searched every where but dint found any export menu. Please let me know where is it and what I need to do to export contacts in CSV format.

Many thanks.

Re: Office 2007 csv export

What? Are you really using Outlook 2007? Import Export options is just under the FILE menu. Like this “File > Import and Export > Export to a File.” Once you click on Export to a File you will get option to export to CSV.

Re: Office 2007 csv export

Thanks for your help Ascetica. This is my local PC and am sure I’m using Outlook 2007. I already said I check File Menu but there is no import and export option. I did install it orignially, but after several (more than several times) Office noticed that the BCM was causing problems so it disabled that application. Is it because BCM is disabled?

I have exactly the same problem as Bob. The "import and export" option under File is just NOT there. I use new Outlook 2007, which runs on Vista... I too would like to export my Outlook contacts to a .csv file, so that I can use it to update my LinkedIn, Plaxo and FaceBook contacts. The Outlook Help file is totally useless and all the blogs I read, all make reference to this "import and export" function that is simply NOT there...

By the same token, I have another separate .csv file that I would like to Import into Outlook 2007 to add those new contacts to my current Outlook contacts, and still not able to do so for the same reason...

Like Bob, "I have only have data management and archive in the middle group where import export usually are."

An answer as to how to do this, would also help me greatly... as it is driving me nuts...! :) Where is the "import and export" function...?

In case there is any doubt... attached is a pic of the menu...

Wow!!! You're a genius! Perfect, thanks...!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey guys, just try out this. Right click on the Menu > Customize > Commands, select File, scroll right panel to "Import and Export" and then drag it up and drop it in the "File" listing.

It will work. You're quite welcome, have a great day!

The following files are either corrupt or missing from “C:\WINDOWS\system32” folder or are of a different file version.

• mapi32.dll
    • mapistub.dll
    • mapisvc.inf
    • MSMAPI32.OCX
    • MSMASK32.OCX

Replace this files from a working computer and then try to do an import and export

Hey Man...

Were will u get it incase if i dont find any comp working with this complicated files.