Thread: Microsoft Excel 2007 General Mail Failure.

Microsoft Excel 2007 General Mail Failure.

I am getting a constant message on my system related to Microsoft Excel 2007 Mail failure. I am stuck with the same. I am not able to understand how does the error appear so suddenly. It is a bit annoying here. I am using Excel for creating reports and now this is crashing due to error. I hope there will be some way available to fix the problem. I had not done any changes to the system recently.

Try to disable addons or the best you can do is run excel in safe mode. I am sure that is going to help you much. In safe mode ample of additional plugins and scripts are blocked. They do not perform on their own. You can simply turn them off and then check back and I am sure the problem will be fixed. You can check in Tools > Add-in to find out if there any additional plug in installed. Just disable that.

Try to run mapifx. It fixes a number of problems. I got the error in Excel before when I found this solution. If this does not work then go in Help and then click on Office Diagnostic. The setup will check out for broken files in Excel and fix it. Most of the time the files are simply fixed on their own. Or else it will ask you the CD of Office setup.

re: Microsoft Excel 2007 General Mail Failure.

I got my issue fixed by Office Diagnostic. That is one of the best way to keep Office application more stable. If that does not work then another option left is to run a repair setup of Office. You can do that using the CD. Or simply re-install Office from scratch.

I've tried all of the mentioned and still receive the same error.

If nothing is working for you then i will advise you to run the "Microsoft Office Diagnostics". Just get into the Start menu> All Programs> Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools > Microsoft Office Diagnostics and run the same. It will detect the problem if found will correct it automatically. So try this out and let me know whether it is working for you.

The diagnostic is finding no problem. But I'm having a problem. I can't launch Outlook from any application. I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7. I don't remember having this problem with WIndows XP.

Here is something odd. For example I can launch Outlook from a Word document that I've launched from an Internet Explorer page.

You can try to go to Start-> run.. then type the following - > "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane" and that should asolve your problem. Another way to fix this is to do a system restore. Below is a link to those instructions.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212/