Thread: how to add more emoticons to communicator

how to add more emoticons to communicator

Can anyone tell me how do I add more emoticons to communicator? I have checked the MS Office Communicator discussion forum but the version of the Communicator I am using is different? Thanks for any help

Re: how to add more emoticons to communicator

Here is a complete step that would help you to add more icons in the communicator. For that you have to find the Office folder first. Launch Communicator and then click on Settings. There you can find a option called as Show emoticons in instant messages. Apply the setting and then to to the Conversation window. This means you are simply starting a new instant message. In that click on Entry and then double click on the Smiley image. The Emoticon will be open. There you can simply check out the last location of smiley and add more in that.

First of all you will need to change the font to Wingdings. After that you have to use the Windows Character Map by going into Menu > Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools. Once you are here then you can try to pick the picture that you want to use. This is the only thing that I know and others will definitely ask you from where you got it.

The Office Communicator is usually a business application and till now there is no addons available for this application apart from the official Communicator Server add-ons. So I dont think that you will get any kind of additional emoticons for Office Communicator. However you can use the text based emoticons if you would like, check the list and its explanation here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emoticons