Thread: Mouse Scroll Wheel Not Working In Word

Mouse Scroll Wheel Not Working In Word

I need some help with mouse scroll on Microsoft Word. I am using Windows XP Professional laptop. It has Office 2003 on the same. The touchpad is quiet fine. I had updated the drivers also and it is simply working well on other application. But it looks there is some scrolling issue with word only. I hope there will be some way to deal with the issue. I had performed number of steps to fix the issue but it still look the issue is not resolved.

RE: Mouse Scroll Wheel Not Working In Word

You can check out the touchpad settings in control panel. I am sure the issue lies there. You have to update the settings and then check back. It will be fixed. You have to configure the same once again. If you are facing scrolling issue only in Word then the problem is weird. There is no settings of mouse is available in Word. So I do not think you can do any thing from there. You can try to use a mouse and see whether scrolls works or not.

Re: Mouse Scroll Wheel Not Working In Word

Try to run a repair setup of Microsoft Word and then check back. I do not think there are settings available for the same. You must simply try to run a repair setup and then check back. This would be working well.

Same problem here. Vista Home Premium, Office 2003. I suspect a conflict between Word 2003 and the video driver. I'm on a nVidia 8600 GTX video card. I'm curious what video cards other people have who see this problem - is it a nVidia problem?

I have seen this in both Word 2002 SP3 and Word 2003 SP3. It sometimes can be tracked down to a compatibility issue (Tools - Options, Compatibility Tab and change to current version). But that doesn't always fix it. I have never seen it in Print Layout, only normal. As to the OP, what I found works for me (in my testing document) is to slide the scrollbar on the side slightly and it always corrects the layout immediately. I have my doubts that this is a driver issue (different machines, different versions and different drivers) since scrolling with the scrollbar works fine. I tried turning off Background Pagination and adding the DWord for AlternateRowHeightTable to no effect. However when I try to replicate it on a Latitude D610 (2002 SP3) I cannot. I am going to try it on my T23 IBM now and see if I can replicate the issue there (has not had many updates to it since it's not hooked up to the Net.

I know a LOT of people are seeing this issue. It's not an easy thing to find an answer to. I have a user at work with the same problem. I have found some things work (Compatibility being one) and yet they don't stay fixed! Oh well, if computers worked perfectly I guess I'd be out of work :)

I had to update my video card driver in my T23 but guess what? No scrolling issue. (Has Word 2002 on it).

It appears to happen on Dell's exclusively it seems? But not All Dells...as mentioned my D610 Latitude does not exhibit the problem even when I use a doc that one of my users IS having a problem on! However, my documents here seem OK (and all using Normal styles and no extra plugins other than one to create PDF's). I am doing some further testing on a brand new document that I am creating natively in Word 2003.

SCROLLING DOESNOT WORK IN WORD 2010
    --------------------------------------------

Go to MOUSE properties -

then go to SCROLL BALL -

Check that the WHEEL MODE should be - "SYSTEM DEFAULT (INTELL-MOUSE) MODE".

click on APPLY and OK.

-------------------------------------

Scrolling should now work in your Word 2010.

--------------------------------------

This worked for my 5 button Black Cat iball mouse. Should work for

yours too.