Thread: Product Key does not work Office Home and Student 2007

Product Key does not work Office Home and Student 2007

I recently bought a new Office Home and Student 2007 disc from a retailer to install on my brother’s new laptop. I started the setup and when try to enter the product key it says:

“The key is incorrect. Verify that you have the correct key, and then retype it.”

I’m picking up this key from the case on an orange sticker that says "Product Key". I guess this is the one which I need to enter, right? Then why is it not accepting the keys? After trying several times, I completed office installation without product key and later open WORD and tried to activate, but still it says incorrect key.

Any help please?

Hello Robbin, yes you are picking up the keys from exact place. But as it is not accepting the keys, I’m sure you might be entering some wrong alphabets. Its obvious we get confused several times between few letters such as:

B and 8
    O and o and 0

Above written letters are B, eight, Cap O, small O and Zero. SO, just to give it a last try, use a magnifier and make sure you entering the correct letters.

I have the same problem with MS Office Standard 2007...after moving my app's to a new laptop. Entered the product key multiple times...still get "incorrect product code" error message. This advice from the monitor is unhelpful...I have the original box and entered the product code exactly as is. I cannot uninstall and reinstall Outlook without danger of losing my <Outlook> contacts and files carried over to the new laptop via LapLink. How about some helpful (useful) forum advice?

Yes, I transferred the applications via LapLink to my new (Win 7) computer. MC Office Standard 2007 (which I purchased NEW RETAIL) does not accept the original Product Key. This is not a typing issue. It is clear what the Product Key is. On my old laptop (where MS Office Standard 2007 was originally installed, it was installed by a professional computer shop because, at the time, my laptop had been infected by some pretty bad malware and they had to cleanse the system. Rather than reloading MS Office Pro 2002, I went out and bought MS Office Standard 2007 and had them load it onto the old but clean laptop...this was 3 years ago...and the software has run fine since then. The point is the shop may have done something irregular like loading another party's software; it's possible, I don't know). I do have the original MS Office CD, box and product key; and they will not work together. I need to get the key revalidated without having to part the Red Sea. Where can an authentic user get authentic MS Software revalidated...or a Product Key that will actually work??? The advice so far on this board has not been helpful.

Thanks for the advice. The problem was related to a trial package of MS Office software loaded on the new laptop. Once I removed the MS Office Trial software, was able to insert the original product key code, for the original Office software and it worked.