Thread: how do I repair office document imaging?

how do I repair office document imaging?

Earlier I was using Office 2003 and never had this problem but since I upgraded it to Office 2007 six months ago, whenever I start Microsoft Office Document Imaging, it wont start and instead gives me an error message saying “Cannot find mspcore.dll” and suggests me to re-install. I tried searching for this file on my Office Media CD but I dint found it anywhere.

As troubleshooting I tried repairing Office Suite but still no help. Somebody please tell me what should I do? Many thanks.

Re: how do I repair office document imaging?

Well you will need to re-install ONLY Microsoft Office Document Imaging application from the Office installation disc. You can do this with the following steps:
    • Close all running applications. If you have any Office application running, the MODI feature will not be installed properly.
    • Click on Start | Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs.
    • Click on "Microsoft Office 2003" or "Microsoft Office 2007" and then click on "Change".
    • Check "Add or Remove Features" and click "Next".
    • On the bottom of the page check "Choose advanced customization of applications." and click "Next".
    • Under Microsoft Office click on the + sign in front of "Office Tools" to expand the category.
    • Click on the little black downward-pointing triangle to the left of "Microsoft Office Document Imaging" and select "Not Available".
    • Click on "Update" to uninstall the MODI feature.
    • Repeat steps 1 to 6 to go back to the same location you were before.
    • Click on the little black downward-pointing triangle to the left of "Microsoft Office Document Imaging" and select "Run All from My Computer".
    • Click on "Update" to reinstall the MODI feature.

That’s it.

Re: how do I repair office document imaging?

I too am having a similar problem with Microsoft Office Document Imaging. I followed your instructions to uninstall/install, actually have done that several times and I do have the program. However, the modi is not listed in my printers to add. How do I add the printer so that I can print to the MODI?
    Thanks.