Thread: Office application version does not match

Office application version does not match

I have just now installed Office 2007 ultimate on my Vista computer. Before installing it, I removed the trial version of Office that came with this computer and I havent activated it yet. So, if I am opening any Word then I am getting a pop-up giving me the error message written in the thread title. The source of the message seems to be something called BCM Office Admin. Can anyone tell me what is BCM? Thanks.

You will have to install Outlook 2007 for Business Contact Manager. Incase you havent installed either Outlook 2007 or Business Contact Manager, then I dont understand why are you getting that message unless you enabled a feature in one of the other applications that also uses BCM.

Re: Office application version does not match

I am not able to see Outlook anywhere listed in the Start Menu > Program folders. I am using Office 2007 Ultimate and it came on a single DVD only.

I experienced the same set of issues. Removing BCM and the associated SQL did the trick. I too got the same message about the need to reconfigure Outlook data files. With no Outlook on the notebook I simply continued to proceed with the uninstall. This resolved the issue of the BCM Addin dialogue box appearing each time I opened an Office 2007 application (on Vista).