Thread: I do not like Ribbon in Office 2007 how to get old menus back

I do not like Ribbon in Office 2007 how to get old menus back

I had upgraded to Microsoft Office 2007. After upgrade I am not at all happy with the Ribbon. It is very annoying and I am not table to understand what all new feature are added. I am also confused to find my old menus and settings back. I need some help here to get the old menus back and I hope there will be some way to bring it again. How to disable the ribbon and use the old menus.

That is the new interface. You cannot do anything in that. Microsoft has not added any option to disable the Ribbon and get old menus back. For old interface I had installed Office 2003 on my system. For any old app I use that and for any new stuff I use Office 2007. Instead of upgrading you must simply install everything from scratch. That is the best way to retain the old copy of office in your system that you can still use on old documents.

That is correct. It is the new interface and there is no way to disable that. You will need some time to finally adjust yourself with the new stuff in Office 2007. You cannot disable them at all. It is also a proper solution to find a copy of old office and install that in your system. So that you can simply use that with your old office apps.

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn Paules View Post
    Microsoft focused on a few of the products - the ones more heavily used.
    Publisher doesn't have it either - or Visio. Be thankful that you have a few
    programs that still look the same. By the time the other programs get the
    ribbon, you'll be an old pro with it.
    Or I'll just use Open Office or Google's products...

Let me ask you MS smarties something. When you designed the ribbon, did you consider, the complicated search pattern that your eyes have to do to find options in the ribbon?

What about the alt-[1st key in menu name] pattern?

Did you just pull this thing out of your ---?

There is a small arrow key at the right side that you can use to disable the ribbon. It really does not disable it but it just minimized and when you are working it is not required at all. The ribbon is much simpler compared to older interface. You get everything on the top side and you can simply click on the same to use it. Also in the context menu you can find font and other formatting stuff. So it is more simpler. You just need to some time to understand the same completely.

Removing the Ribbon

There must be some way to minimize the ribbon completely. I am sure it is possible by modifying the settings of word. I had checked everywhere but still not able to find related settings. I am using a widescreen monitor and the ribbon occupies a lot space. Also there are no shortcuts that can provide me instant formatting.

You can minimize it. There is a small arrow on the top bar. Click on it and then select Minimize Ribbon. Next time when you open Office application the ribbon will not be visible. You can use it just like this and to enable the ribbon back you have to click on the arrow icon. While there is no other way to disable that completely.

It took sometime to adjust to the new interface. I had seen a number of people complaining about the ribbon and new interface of office 2007. But you cannot do anything in that. Also there are no settings by which you can simply turn off the ribbon and then work on the same. Micorsoft has kept things very simply. You have to first learn that and then you can use it.

The Ribbon sucks and and for all you retards that like it and think it is progress you suck too.

re: I do not like Ribbon in Office 2007 how to get old menus back

Stop paying through the nose for software made by people who don't care what you think! OpenOffice.org! IT'S FREE!