Thread: Office 2007 freezed on Preparing to Install screen

Office 2007 freezed on Preparing to Install screen

I am not able to install Microsoft Office 2007. I am using Windows Vista here. When I try to run the setup the installation just freezes on preparing to install. At first I thought this would take time, but it is not at all going ahead. Each time when I try to run the setup I am getting the same kind of issue. The setup is not at all moving ahead. I am trying to install Office 2007 Enterprise. Does this edition is cause of the issue or there is some kind of special settings required.

It looks your setup is being corrupted due to which you are getting that problem. Try to contact microsoft and ask for a fresh setup disc. That would help you much in fixing the problem. After installation when each time the setup ask you to add more files then it simply means some internal dll or system file is missing that is causing the failure.

I had got the issue due to a damage disc. I had ordered a Office 2007 disc from a online shopping website. After order when I received the disc the setup was fine but at the time of launching any office app it crashes. Compared to that when I downloaded a trail edition from the web it works fine and I activated that. It is working fine now. The problem lies with the setup. You will have to arrange a new one.

Thanks to Kim, the problems dragged on for months have been solved including office, media player and sidebar. Unfortunately, I now cannot do anything on networking, sound and other things even with administrator rights. Can someone help?

2 years later... and the issue is still there!
    I've tried the instructions of Kim with subinacl, but unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

If anyone knows how to solve it, I would love to know!

I think it is worth trying MS support. Though I'm afraid they would not help since this problem has been in the air for years now!

Re: "Preparing to Install" Message - ME TOO!

Hi, just Googled into this problem. I am not tech savy, just a writer and have this same reconfigure problem EVERY time I open Word. Driving me crazy.

Is it worth trying MS support?

re: Office 2007 freezed on Preparing to Install screen

Hi Guys

I had exactly the same problem. Managed to sort this out really easily by just making a shortcut to the office 07 programs manually. i.e right click on desktop, new shortcut. Just browse to the office program files.....C:\program files\microsoft office\office12. Might want to rename the icons if you want but its really as easy as that. Worked for me, so hope this helps.

I am having the same problem with preparing to install. Has anyone found a solution to this problem B/4 I just go out & buy a new P/C istn't that wonderful I need to buy a P/C to solve a windows problem lol.

Michael Guest

Instead of replying to a dead 2 1/2 year old post, try starting a new thread
    with the exact version of Office you're trying to install, the OS and
    service pack you're trying to install it on and any error codes that pop up.