Thread: "has not been installed for the current user"

"has not been installed for the current user"

Something went wrong with MS Office in my case. I am no longer able to access documents which were generated in Office 2003 Small business version. I get below error message:

"Microsoft Word/Publisher has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application."

I have tried repairing, uninstalling and reinstalling MS Office but no luck. Any idea what might have gone wrong?? I dint had any issue until yesterday. This error started coming up all of a sudden.

Give this a try:

1) Create and log in with a new windows account with full control admin rights
    2) Under newly windows account, open all office programs
    3) In Office App, open registry editor go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Office
    4) Right click on Office, go to Export and save the .reg file somewhere
    5) Log out from your current Windows account, and log in with your original windows account
    6) Open regedit again, go to File | Import and select the file which was exported.
    7)Once you get a message saying, it was successfully imported, cross check and see if issue persist

The above workaround has helped many under similar conditions, i think it should help you out as well.