Thread: Clipboard Error "Cannot Empty Clipboard!"

I am getting some issues with copy paste stuff in XP. I cannot work on the same and I am using Windows XP and have installed Frontpage 2003 on the same. But it seems to me that the clipboard fails to work properly. Can anyone please give me any solution for same. Thanks

Clipboard Error "Cannot Empty Clipboard!"

If I am opening Excel, then I am getting the error mentioned in the thread title if I am copying any data. It will still allow me to paste the data I have copied though. I have also tried clearing my clipboard, turning it off, but it will not show anything that is even in the clipboard. When I highlight text and ctrl+c to copy, if it is not from an office, then I am not able to do it. I have tried to copy data from a forum on this website but cannot copy or paste it into a word doc. Please help.

Re: Cannot copy or paste to clipboard

After searching many forums for the answer unsuccessfully, I finally found it!

I think the bottom line is that the clipboard just gets stuck or hung or whatever.

All I had to do was bring up Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del), go to the Processes tab, find rdpclip.exe, and kill that puppy ("End Process").

MAN, do I wish I'd found this hours ago -- what a frustrating day at work it's been!

Hope this works for you, too.

I have the same problem - the clipboard won't collect the item whichever way I try. I have tried finding rdpclip.exe in task manager - no success. Any other ideas?

Did you ever find the answer to this. It's suddenly started happening to me? I can't copy and paste anything anywhere - word, outlook, excel. And I don't have the rdclip.exe file running either. I have rebooted several times and that hasn't helped either.

I don't think I can be of help to you as it rectifys itself when I re-boot - which you have already tried - sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by hrm222 View Post
    After searching many forums for the answer unsuccessfully, I finally found it!

I think the bottom line is that the clipboard just gets stuck or hung or whatever.

All I had to do was bring up Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del), go to the Processes tab, find rdpclip.exe, and kill that puppy ("End Process").

MAN, do I wish I'd found this hours ago -- what a frustrating day at work it's been!

Hope this works for you, too.
    WOW that worked ... thank you so much!

Re: Clipboard Error "Cannot Empty Clipboard!"

Your clipboard is corrupted. You can try running sfc /scannow from cmd and then see whether it is fixed or not. But the scanning process really take a long time. It is not just over in couple of hours. If still you are not able to get a fix for that then you can try one more thing. Run a repair setup of Microsoft Office and then test again. It would be resolved.