Thread: Microsoft Word 2003 is working extremely slow

Microsoft Word 2003 is working extremely slow

I am using Microsoft Office 2003. I had recently installed AVAST in my system. I am using a free edition of the same. Before that I was using AVG. I switch to AVAST for more protection. But after installation Office application started working extremely slow. It takes long time to open a file. When I double click on the word file it takes a long time to open. It is a bit annoying to sit back and wait when the file is entirely open. How can I make it work faster. It was working well at the time of AVG.

That can due to antivirus. It looks that it taking a bit long time to scan the document. Each time when you open a office file it takes time to open because the app check the file for virus. And this same kind of issue appear if you open a very large file. You must simply try to disable the antivirus and check back. If it is working fine then it is recommended that you must switch back to AVG.

From where you are trying to open the file. Is it stored on the network place. Because I am getting the same kind of issue on my system and only when I am trying to open files from a network location. Later on I reconfigured the network settings and change the cable. Things went fine. It is working properly. Sometime your antivirus may not be responsible for the slow performance. It can be file location.

It is better to switch back to AVG if you are getting that kind of issue. It is not at all worth trying to work on AVAST. Try to disable that and see what benefit you are getting. If still word takes long time to open it is recommended that you must run a repair setup of office and see.