Thread: The Data file mailbox "user" was not closed properly.

The Data file mailbox "user" was not closed properly.

I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. The office edition came pre-installed when I bought the laptop. It looks to be working fine here but I am getting a error message whenever I turn on my system. The error is The Data file mailbox "user" was not closed properly. I get this message each time when I start my system. Later on when I open Outlook it takes long time to open.

I think the problem lies with your Exchange Server. You have to configure the setting back again. This kind of error appear when the profile in Outlook got corrupted. You have to find out a way to fix the same. You can create the profile once again by removing the account and adding all the information one by one properly.

If you are the admin you can simply remove the old user profile and then add the same once again. The problem lies with outlook only. I think you must reconfigure all the stuff back again from scratch. That is going to help you much in dealing with the problem you are facing. Clear the outlook cache and then check back.

Error: The Data file Mailbox "User Name" was not closed properly.
    This file is being checked.

Background: Lenovo T60 Laptop, WinXP Pro, Outlook operating in cached account mode (disabling cache mode will fix the problem, but is not an option) on a 2003 Exchange server.

I have verified there are no programs trying to index Outlook and therefore shouldn't be causing it to hang. This is happening to 3 seperate users at various times. Does anyone have any ideas?