Thread: Outlook 2007 connection problems

Outlook 2007 connection problems

I am facing connectivity problem with Microsoft Office 2007. I am using Outlook here. I am trying to configure the same first time after performing upgrades. But it looks to be working improperly. When I try to configure the same I am getting a error on my screen. The error number is 0x80040102. How can I configure the same.

It looks your mail client is unable to get connectivity from the Exchange server. First check that your server is active or not. Second you have to check your internet connectivity is active or not. There must not be any break in between. You can try contacting your network admin to give you appropriate login information.

Problems opening Microsoft Outlook

Hi, I have Office 2007 Professional Plus. After installation, i was trying to set up the email account and typed in the incorrect information when asked about Microsoft Exchange server - i do not have an Exchange account. Was trying to type in my email information.

Now i get the following messages when i try to open Outlook:

1) Configuring Outlook accounts

2) The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action

3) Prompt for Microsoft Exchange – server name and mailbox

4) Cannot open your default email folders. The file C:\users\MLee\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder file

5) Outlook Closes

Another message is: Cannot start Microsoft office outlook. Cannot open outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\users\MLee\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder file

How do i resolve this? i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but the same problem...

thanks!

Re: Outlook 2007 connection problems

Go to the control panel and in that click for Mail. Click on that and then click on Account. In that just add your account information and configure the details that required. You have to provide appropriate details of Exchange server. The important information require to configure the account is POP3/IMAP. If you are having this details then there is no need to select Exchange while setting up new account.

thanks for responding. It worked!!!