Thread: STDEDU.MSI not on my CD, needed for XP's sp-3 Update

STDEDU.MSI not on my CD, needed for XP's sp-3 Update

Hey guys I need some urgent help from you all. I recently purchased Office XP from Microsoft. When I’m trying to install the same on my system it gives me an error message saying something like ‘STDEDU.MSI file is missing.’ I tried installing several times but it gets stuck on that file. Later I checked each and every folder on the CD and the file is really not there. Is this faulty CD? How I can fix it?

Please help.

Re: STDEDU.MSI not on my CD, needed for XP's sp-3 Update

Well it can be fixed easily by download it directly. Just go to Microsoft and download the full file named “OfficeXpSp3-kb832671-fulefile-enu.exe (58925 KB).” You can get it here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en. Once downloaded try installing the same. Hopefully you will not be getting any problem.

I appreciate your help Amit but I already tried that, no success. Not once but I downloaded the full installation many times but still it gives me the same problem. I even tried searching for that particular file on Web, no success yet.

What now?

Pat H

Similar problems to conroy2. Then I installed the original interactive trainging package that came with the CD then the CD again and the missing link was found

stdedu.msi

I'm following all the suggestions on this board. None is working. I have office xp standard edition. It has 3 CDs. When I was trying to export my contacts list to a file, the system said I didn't have the right file (stdedu.msi). The instructions don't tell you which CD to find the appropriate file, so I tried them all. Nada. I went to the MS site and installed sp3, which was the suggestion. Nada. I think I could have copied all the details from every contact by hand and typed them into my new Outlook in less time!

I have encountered the same frustrating problem but I got lucky at the end and was able to locate STDEDU.MSI file in my Microsoft Office XP 2002 installation CD. Once I located and popped that CD in, the installation continued and gone to completion.