Thread: Office 2013 crash while downloading templates online

Office 2013 crash while downloading templates online

I am getting a bit issue with Microsoft Office 2013. I had purchased that recently. I am trying to download some online templates on resumes. First couple of templates works file and were downloaded properly and I had edited them also. But recently there were some updates. Once they were installed the system is having problem. Whenever I try to download new template word crashes. This is happening frequently here. While it works fine while opening or editing a file. What can be the issue.

Re: Office 2013 crash while downloading templates online

Did you tried different templates. Sometime some damage file cause the issue. A number of time widows update are also buggy that makes the system unstable. So the best thing you can do is run system restore. That will fix your system and avoid any recent updates.

A working solution here is to run a repair setup of Office 2013. Go in Control Panel > Uninstall Programs and in that click on Office 2013. At the lower right side you can see a Change/Remove button. Just click on that. Click on Repair and follow the screen instructions. That will be more beneficial I think. Follow the screen wizard. It might ask you the installation CD. But a number of time it just run the setup on its own. Once done then try back to download templates. If still the same is crashing then you have to do one more thing. You have to avoid the specific template in which office is crashing. Which will be more beneficial for you to get rid of those crashes. Running system restore is good option but it will also wipe out any existing installed application in your pc. There is a option available by which you can manually get rid of the update. And next time when you run automatic updates just skip them.

That is the reason I keep automatic updates on manual check. There is a option available in the settings where windows can collect update for your system but only after you allow it will be installed. So that you can avoid any un-stability in your system.

Just re-install Office back again. I am sure that will be enough to fix the issue you are facing. If you have the setup disc with you just run the setup and then check back. I am sure that will be more than enough to fix the problem you are facing. You can run the clean setup and that will be quiet ok to fix the issue. Just re-install office back again. That will be quiet enough. I am also having the same edition and I never faced the problem. There can be some other problem. If you want to go in deep to find the cause then you can go in Event Viewer. Go in that and check out the error description. It will give you a detail information on the associated file which is causing the problem. On that basis you can troubleshoot the issue or else each them when you try to download the templates you get the issue.