Thread: Getting MSVCR90.dll missing or corrupt file error while opening Power Point

Getting MSVCR90.dll missing or corrupt file error while opening Power Point

Hello friends I was using Microsoft office 2007 in my computer and I have recently installed Microsoft office 2010 in my computer. now after installing Microsoft office 2010 in my computer when I try to open PowerPoint at that time it throws error saying MSVCR 90.dll missing or corrupt file. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Getting MSVCR90.dll missing or corrupt file error while opening Power Point

I have read your problem and I will first suggest you to try to solve this problem with basic solution. You have to repair Microsoft office in your computer and then you have to check whether you are able to fix this problem or not? if this solution does not help you to solve this problem then you have to make Microsoft PowerPoint unavailable and then you have to redstart your computer. after restarting your computer you have to make Microsoft PowerPoint available again and after doing that you have to check whether you are getting same error while opening Microsoft PowerPoint or not? according to me after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Quote Originally Posted by crook View Post
    I have read your problem and I will first suggest you to try to solve this problem with basic solution. You have to repair Microsoft office in your computer and then you have to check whether you are able to fix this problem or not? if this solution does not help you to solve this problem then you have to make Microsoft PowerPoint unavailable and then you have to redstart your computer. after restarting your computer you have to make Microsoft PowerPoint available again and after doing that you have to check whether you are getting same error while opening Microsoft PowerPoint or not? according to me after trying this solution your problem will get solved.
    I am using HP laptop and after installing MS office 2010 I have also come across same problem. Repairing Microsoft office 2010 does not make any difference. now after that I have tried to make Microsoft PowerPoint unavailable but I have don’t have any idea about doing that. please let me know exact steps to make Microsoft PowerPoint unavailable.

To make Microsoft PowerPoint unavailable you have to follow these steps.

• Open control panel.
    • Go to uninstall programs.
    • After that you have to select Microsoft office.
    • Click on change button in Microsoft office 2010.
    • After that you have to select add and remove feature.
    • Make PowerPoint unavailable from there.

After referring above answers I have first attempt to repair Microsoft office in my computer but after doing that also I was getting same error while opening PowerPoint in my computer. Now after that I have make PowerPoint unavailable from add or remove features in MS office and then I have made it available again but that does not make any difference. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

After trying above solution also if you are experiencing same problem then you have to uninstall Microsoft office 2010 with the help of Microsoft Fix it and then you have to restart your computer. now after that you have to install Microsoft office 2010 again in your computer. now after installing Microsoft office 2010 again in your computer you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not? you can get Microsoft Fix it tool easily from internet. I was also having same problem with my computer and then I have uninstalled MS office 2010 with the help of Microsoft Fix it tool and then I have installed MS office again in my computer. now after trying this solution my problem get solved.

I have fixed similar problem with this steps. First I have open control panel in my computer and then I have open troubleshooter. After that I have selected programs. Then I have clicked on PowerPoint and then followed instruction. After doing that it has solve all problems related to MS PowerPoint. You can also try this solution.

I have successfully solve this problem after referring above solution. First I have downloaded Microsoft Fix it tool from internet and then I have removed MS office with the help of that and then I have installed MS office again in my computer. now after doing that my problem get solved. thank you for helping me.

thanks for the information