Thread: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." error while uninstalling Outlook Hotmail Connector

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." error while uninstalling Outlook Hotmail Connector

Hello friends I am using computer in which I have windows 7 operating system and Microsoft office 2010. I am experiencing problem with Outlook Hotmail connector in my computer. in my system I have got notification that I have to upgrade outlook hotmail connector. Now after that when I tried to uninstall earlier version of outlook from my computer at that time I get "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." Error. If anyone have solution for this then let me know.

Re: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." error while uninstalling Outlook Hotmail Connector

As far as I know this error occurs when olc.msi is missing. In order to solve this problem you have should try to uninstall Outlook Hotmail Connector manually. There was same problem occurred in my computer also and after that I have first searched solution on internet but I didn’t get any help. Now after that I have contact Microsoft support and they have told me to uninstall Outlook Hotmail Connector manually. After looking at that I have uninstalled it manually and then my problem gets solved. you should try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

Re: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." error while uninstalling Outlook Hotmail Connector

If you don’t know how to uninstall Outlook Hotmail Connector manually then I will help you with this. You have to first go to my computer and then go to C drive. After going in to the C drive you have to open common files folder. In that folder you need to open system folder. After doing this you have to go to folder called msmapi and then open 1033 folder. Now you have to open look for msncon32.dll, mapisvc.inf file and delete that.

After doing that you have to open Microsoft Office Outlook Connector folder from program files and then copy msncon.cfg, msnhelp.chm, msocprc.dll, olcstart.exe, msocp32.dll, msnconrc.dll, custsat.dll in some other folder as backup and delete them. After deleting that you have to open registry editor and create backup of registry file. After doing that you have to delete registry files which is mentioned below

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Office Outlook Connector
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Features\6FD534067D145D94C9B3313834E991D5
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\6FD534067D145D94C9B3313834E991D5
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\MSNCON.Addin.1
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MicrosoftOfficeOutlook Connector
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\SchedulingInformation\SharedCalendarSuppor t
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\MSNCON.Addin.1
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\08049A038BDED1648BDEE295333FE41E
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\6FD534067D145D94C9B3313834E991D5
    After removing that you have to reboot your PC and after doing that you have to install outlook connector again.

Well I also get notification for updating Outlook Hotmail Connector and while uninstalling prior version of connector I am also getting error. I have uninstalled Outlook Hotmail Connector manually from my computer and then I have restarted my computer. After restarting my computer when I tried to install new Outlook Hotmail Connector at that time it gives me error. If anyone experiencing same issue and have solution regarding this then let me know. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylander View Post
    Well I also get notification for updating Outlook Hotmail Connector and while uninstalling prior version of connector I am also getting error. I have uninstalled Outlook Hotmail Connector manually from my computer and then I have restarted my computer. After restarting my computer when I tried to install new Outlook Hotmail Connector at that time it gives me error. If anyone experiencing same issue and have solution regarding this then let me know. Thank you in advance.
    I will suggest you to download Revo Uninstaller from internet and then try to remove earlier version of Outlook Hotmail Connector from your computer. once you remove Outlook Hotmail Connector from your computer after that you have to try to download new Outlook Hotmail Connector installation file and then try to install in your computer. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

I will suggest you to try these steps to solve this problem.

• First download Outlook Connector install package from internet.
    • After doing that you have to double click on that file.
    • Now select repair option.
    • After doing this it will restore missing OLC.MSI file.

Once repair process gets over then you have to check whether you can uninstall outlook connector or not? I am suggesting you this trick because I was also experiencing same problem and then I have tried this solution and then my problem get solved.

If above solution does not help you to fix this problem then you have to unarchive OutlookConnector.exe with the help of WinZip application and then run olc.msi file. After doing that you have to select repair option and then you will be able to uninstall OutlookConnector successfully. If you need any more help then let me know.

I have downloaded Revo uninstaller from internet and then I have removed OutlookConnector completely from my computer. now after doing that I have downloaded OutlookConnector installation file from internet and then I have installed that in my computer without any error. Thank you for helping me