Thread: Disabling BCSsync.exe will mess with OneNote’s web syncing?

Disabling BCSsync.exe will mess with OneNote’s web syncing?

Hello, I would like to know if I disable BCSsync.exe then will it mess with OneNote’s web syncing, I wanted to disable BCSsync.exe because I don’t use any SharePoint server anymore, so therefore I would like to know if I disable the BCSsync.exe it will mess with OneNote’s web syncing. Thanks for any information

Re: Disabling BCSsync.exe will mess with OneNote’s web syncing?

As I have seen, there is no relationship between OneNote and BCSync and I think you can disable the BCSync without any issue.

To disable the BCSync you need to go through the below steps and after that you won’t get any BCSync process while starting system. You need to launch System Configuration Utility and to do this you need to go through the below steps:
    First, click on the start icon and after that click on run. Now on the run type: MSCONFIG and after that click on the ok button. Now you will get the System Configuration Utility windows and under that go to the general tab and after that click Selective Startup checkbox and after that uncheck on the below checkbox:.
    Process SYSTEM.INI File check box.
    Process WIN.INI File check box.
    Load Startup Items check box

Now once you are done, make sure you have checked Load System Services and Use Original BOOT.INI that are both checked.

After that go to the service tab and then click on Hide All Microsoft Services check box and after that click on the disable all button. Now save the all setting and while doing this you will get message to reboot the system. Reboot the system for the best result.

BCSsync.exe will not harm OneNote’s web syncing and you can disable BCSsync.exe through msconfig. Open System Configuration Utility windows and under that go to the startup tab. Now on the startup tab uncheck on the BCSsync.exe and after that save all setting and then reboot the system.