Thread: How to modify the default paper size in Microsoft Excel

How to modify the default paper size in Microsoft Excel

The Help is not very helpful when it comes to changing the default paper size. My work computer is set to letter size which I will never use, I need A4. I don't have this problem at home. But I don't know how to change it. The hidden Personal.xls is set to A4, but all new workbooks are not.

Re: How to modify the default paper size in Microsoft Excel

That could be a function of your printer setup. Click on Start >Settings >Printers and Faxes. Select your printer, right-click > properties > advanced > printing defaults Set your printer defaults for paper size. Note: this is a global setting so all print jobs will be set to A4. If you don't want that, create a template for all new workbooks with that setting. Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT. Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART. This will be the default workbook for File>New or the Toolbar button File>New or CTRL + n. Do not use File>New...Blank Workbook or you will get the Excel default workbook. NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

Re: How to modify the default paper size in Microsoft Excel

You can do the same from printer properties of Micrcosoft Excel. I will recommend you to check properly to see in the printer properties. Once the paper size is set you do not need to change it again and again. It saved by default.