Thread: Is it possible to configure dual screen in Microsoft Excel

Is it possible to configure dual screen in Microsoft Excel

Does anyone know how to set up support in Excel for dual screens. The only way I can seem to get it is by having two Excel sessions running. Word is much easier, you open the document and drag it over to the second display, but Excel won't let me drag it off the first screen.

Re: Is it possible to configure dual screen in Microsoft Excel

Open Excel, and click the restore button (the button between the minimize and maximize buttons). Drag the application window so that it fills both monitors. Next, open your two workbooks. Then go to the Window menu and choose Arrange-> Vertical.

Follow up question please - I have the same situation, and although I know how to move applications between screens, how do I open 2 workbooks at the
    same time in separate Excel applications? I want to view one spreadsheet on one screen, and a 2nd one on the next screen! Every time I click on Excel to open the program, it just opens a blank workbook in the same Excel program. Does that make sense.

Is this the only option? That is not using dual screens separately that is using one screen enlarged. I see that this is not a very recent discussion, but it is the help that I need, so thanks for the answers! My purpose for commenting today is that I continuously find it odd that MS still after all these years doesn't have the same functionality across all Office programs. "Dual screening" is something that many of us use, it is so simple in Word, yet a pain, albeit minor, in Excel.

I had exactly the same problem. You need to not have the program maximized and stretch the main pane of Excel program across the two monitors and then this will let you use both screens. You can't drag a window out of the main area of the program like you can with other programs but it does let you extend the spreadsheets straight across to two screens once you have extended the full program across.