Thread: Error message to remove formatting to avoid corruption in Excel

Error message to remove formatting to avoid corruption in Excel

We have workbooks that are passed around many users around the world using four different languages, with more languages to come. We're consistently getting the following error: "Excel encountered an error and had to remove some formatting to avoid corrupting the workbook. Please re-check your formatting carefully." The error happens consistently under the following circumstances:
    • A user of English Excel 2007 opens a workbook that was saved by a user of Japanese Excel 2007.
    • A user of German Excel 2007 opens a workbook that was saved by a user of English Excel 2007.

Of course, in the latter case, the error message is in German. In all cases, we just click OK, then save the workbook, and the error does not return until either of the steps above are repeated. What exactly is being removed? Users are asking me, and I have no idea. We don't see any difference in the files after it happens; all visible formatting appears to be unchanged. Any thoughts.

Re: Error message to remove formatting to avoid corruption in Excel

Try to save the file in different name and then try to re-open it. There can be issue related to some data which is not being processed properly. The error you send it with any file when you're performing that action, because as you say might be excel library is damaged when installed, so the error is generated, if your original cd's office should not pass this, if the error is only one file was damaged file, and you must copy the data as such to another to avoid keep having the error, and preferably to rebuild macros if any,

Re: Error message to remove formatting to avoid corruption in Excel

It happens all the templates, I have a folder in the email templates that have a gif image, and when I open it for writing a message, after a few minutes not even let me or send me says it is not possible to attach the image. I play select and delete the gif and reinsert the image, and I have to send him running to keep you that. It may be that the cd of office which is used miss some files and office is installed partially. I will recommend you to uninstalled and reinstalled it you could try the profiles.