Thread: I want to edit existing drop down list in Microsoft Excel

I want to edit existing drop down list in Microsoft Excel

Does anyone know to edit an existing drop down list. I want to edit one of the items on the list. Thanks.

Re: I want to edit existing drop down list in Microsoft Excel

Here is a reference link for the process you are looking for. It can help you to modify the existing drop down list. The link describes information on creating and removing drop down list from Microsoft Excel. It is also possible to modify the same as per your need.

Re: I want to edit existing drop down list in Microsoft Excel

It is same way how to create a new one. You just need to move up the cell range and modify it. Select the data range up the list of choices. Click on the Formulas tab and click Define Name. Name the combo box and click OK. Integrating the dropdown in a cell. This is the process of creating. Now the coming process is on choosing the list reference. You just need to modify this content. Now that the drop-down list is created and named, it remains only to apply it to a cell. elect the cell that will be applied drop-down list. Select the Data tab and click Data Validation to open the associated dialog. Select the Options tab and choose List from the Allow box. In the Source type = then the name of the list. Make sure the drop-down list in the cell is checked. To allow an empty cell default select the Ignore blank. Click OK to confirm, and you're done.