Thread: How to add a character at the cell beginning without modifying its content

How to add a character at the cell beginning without modifying its content

How do I insert a character into a cell to repeat for the entire column without changing the original cell contents. I tried some formulas but it asking me to replace the content which I do not want to do. Is there a way for the same it will be very helpful.

Re: How to add a character at the cell beginning without modifying its content

I hope my solution can help you for the process you are looking for. Insert a new row. In the first cell of that row: (Assuming you inserted rowA and the old rowA is now RowB and the letter you want to insert is "P") ="P" & B1 or to insert P_ ="P_" & B1 or to insert P with a space = "P " & B1. Copy down for all rows. Highlight again and copy > paste special > values and then you can delete row B. You will be left with one row with your first letter and cell value.

Re: How to add a character at the cell beginning without modifying its content

You can do that by inserting a row in Excel and then adding the character. Does it is necessary to add the character only inside the cell. If not then you simple add the character the row previous to cell and reduce the size so that it can look similar. You can simply print that out. There are chances that if you try the same with any formula the existing content might get affected.