Thread: How to create a multi column drop down list in Microsoft Excel

How to create a multi column drop down list in Microsoft Excel

How can I create a multiple (6)column drop-list, so when I make a selection from the list in the far left (1st)column, the cells across the remaining (5)columns will be populated. The drop-down list should be flexible to allow additions and deletions, the third column in the drop-down list should allow variable entries and blank cells. The data in each column can be text and numerical. The list may contain several hundred rows, across the (5) columns.

Re: How to create a multi column drop down list in Microsoft Excel

There are ample of thread which are made on the following issue. I am providing you the link for those. Try to read them and you can find solution for your query also.
    How to create multi-column combo box in vb.net?
    Multiple columns Data Validation in drop down
    Display two columns in dropdownlist
    How to print content of a Multi column Listbox?

It is not possible to display two cells with a single list. For story, the list in column A may retrieve value correspondent field of reference. Drop-down list in column A result value to be displayed in column B. On a separate sheet (Sheet2). A reference table in columns A and B, _a * Column A is used as the ref menu of sheet1. The Formula to put in column B (Sheet1) is: = VLOOKUP (A1, Sheet2 full scope of, 2, 0) so when you get back info in a column A with your drop-down menu in column B show the
    corresponding value found in B of Sheet2. You can use this formula with multiple columns, it suffices to show instead of the No. 2 of the column from the 1 ° field, the rest of the formula is unchanged.

I have a trick for Excel to create a validation list with a display of multiple columns.
    • Select a range eg sheet 2 cells A1: A20
    • Name this former range. "Price"
    • create a list of validations B2
    • Open the manager names
    • search the named range "Price", click on edit
    • Refers to topic: Changing the boundaries of the named range (replace A20 by C20) Excel does not understand and accept the three columns

Another solution. Define the validation list in column C of Worksheet Class (Column to hide). Formula Column C (C2 incremented down) $ = A2 & "" & $ B2. List Name = OFFSET ($ C $ 2 classe!,,, COUNTA (classe! $ A: $ A) -1). Validation Data Sheet D-collar subclasses = List. Here background color blue and blue font color (invisible). Formula in B2 to extract text = IF (D2 <>""; MID $ ($ D2, FIND (CHAR (32) $ D2, 1) +1, LEN ($ D2 ));""). Formula in C2 to extract numbers = IF (D2 <>""; MID $ ($ D2, 1, FIND (CHAR (32) $ D2, 1) -1) * a; "")