Thread: Autofit Row height is not working in Microsoft Excel 2007

Autofit Row height is not working in Microsoft Excel 2007

I have several cells that are aligned "Top" with wrap text turned on that run past the border of the cell. The Format/AutoFit Row Height command does not fix the issue, nor does selecting all and clicking on the bottom row border. I'm having to fix them all by hand. What am I doing wrong? They are only one or two sentences long, so shouldn't be too much data. Thanks.

Re: Autofit Row height is not working in Microsoft Excel 2007

Are the cells "merged". Merged cells with wrap text won't Autofit. You need VBA event code to get the autofit.

My cells weren't merged, but the header cells over them in Row 1 were. I deleted the merged cells, saved all as a new document and tried again. Still didn't work. I then selected all and unchecked the "Wrap Text" box so it's back on the normal wrap setting. That put all the rows at one-line height. I then selected all and did Format/AutoFit Row Height. Still not working. I'm not a developer, but tried that link you sent. I tried the code using the VB window for each sheet. Nothing happened, so I tried the Format/AutoFit Row Height command again after pasting the VB code, but nothing seemed different. I don't really know how to use VB though, so I'm sure it's user error. It doesn't seem to make sense that as a layman I would need to know how to use VB code just to make the rows AutoFit....I think I am missing something.

With Target If .MergeCells And .WrapText Then. If you have no merged cells, the code will do nothing so might as well delete the code from your sheet. In order for Autofit to work properly, the cells must be set to Wrap Text. Select all and set to Wrap Text. Select all rows and set to Autofit.

Still doesn't work. I think my workbook is broken. I'll probably be bettter off starting from scratch with a new one. Those features all work properly when I open a new workbook and play with the cells, so there must be something wrong with my data. Ugh.