Thread: How to fix a broken Y axis is Microsoft Excel

How to fix a broken Y axis is Microsoft Excel

Anyone would like to offer me some help as to the above-indicated puzzle? Will be so appreciated.

Re: How to fix a broken Y axis is Microsoft Excel

Select the number of your chart that you want this on the secondary axis (with a single click). Then right click on this series and select "Format Data Series", there select "Secondary Axis" at the bottom.

In the title you've already written - XY (Scatter) chart, you must take. In preparing the sheet you have in Step 2 - register number to X-values: the range of values from column B and Y values: the field with the values ​​from column A (corrected) manually specify. On Name: you take the cell, whose name should stand in the legend. You could try a maximum of cities trend line. Here, however, both lines should be identical.

For me, the Y-axis is automatically formatted. I would however like to specify the numbers themselves, so how can I do this for the X-axis. Then I click on chart source and then I can change the values ​​of the X-axis. Is this also for the Y-axis. One more thing you can do is try to see the below link which has ample of settings to modify Microsoft Excel chart. Just have a look on the same.

Change chart axes

You must, however, necessarily have an X/Y type chart. From here it is possible to choose different display modes (line / points). Select probably set in columns, then row one to add does not already exist, there can be in the three fields of the name, the X and Y - set range (eg by marking the area in the table). This is the only chart - type in Excel, which is a clear dependency XY, which is probably yes given in your series of measurements, however. (No idea what you have measured exactly) All other diagrams assume the X - axis equal distances per test point, whatever that is present X-label for it.

In my case I had to take a curve I = f (U). I.e., 10 measurements, where the current I as a function of delta V (from 0 to 100V in 10V steps) should be determined. Now I have two columns in Excel with the values ​​that I should now display a line chart. With the line graph, the X-axis is automatically divided into 11 intervals (1-11), then there are 11 measurements. On the y-axis of the values is automatically selected for the largest value of the current I. The curve is now shown correctly, but the subdivisions of the X-axis are not numbered correctly. For I must indeed have the X-axis has a scale initial value of 0 and a 100, otherwise, the graphical representation is not perfect. So it's basically just about the looks. So first I had hidden the X-axis, but that's not even the fine solution. For this simple diagram representation of the result is enough for me completely. But sometimes, I will present two graphs for comparison, as one line and one as an XY graph. Let's see if it detects a difference in my case.