Thread: Where can I find Content.MSO folder

Where can I find Content.MSO folder

I am trying to open an Excel document created via xml from an .asp page. I can create and save the file, but when I try to open it I get the following error message: "Problems came up in the following areas during load. Worksheet Setting. This file cannot be opened because of errors. Errors are listed in: C:\ Documents and Settings\lanette.l.boren\LocalSettings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\F083DF38.log". I've searched my entire hard drive for the log file and cannot find a Content.MSO folder or the log file (and I am searching for hidden files and folders)

Re: Where can I find Content.MSO folder

There are three non-visible folder in Explorer, which can take up much space on the local hard disk. These are located under the Temporary Internet Files
    • (located by default at% USERPROFILE% \ Local Settings \ Temporary Internet Files).
    • The folders are named
    • Content.MSO
    • Content.Word
    • Content.IE5

They are not visible in Explorer and can only be achieved if one enters directly into the address bar of the explorer. (Eg% USERPROFILE% \ Local Settings \ Temporary Internet Files \ Content.MSO) These are used by Office and Internet Explorer uses, and can sometimes be several gigabytes in size.

I have a doubt about deleting those files. Will that be okay. My disk space is getting lower day by day. I am not able to get any options through which I can empty it. I have deleted all files from recycle bin and also wiped out the download folder. I want to ask whether it is safe to delete some system files. Which I think are not really required. I am not really sure about deleting the same manually. Is there a automated way of doing the same. Using some kind of tool.

If you are confused about deleting any files then use Disk Cleanup. This is the best way to keep your system clean. I perform the same at a regular basis so that I can get some disk space and also unwanted files from the system can be wiped out. It is recommended that you must not go ahead with manual deletion. Sometime if you do that manually you would face problem later on. Better run this tool and choose the things which you don't want. The tool safely remove all things from the system without causing any more error or bug.