Thread: Reset Excel 2007 back to Default Settings

Reset Excel 2007 back to Default Settings

How do I Reset Excel 2007 back to Default Settings. I made several changes to the configuration of Excel 2007, but now I put the default parameters ar Excel 2007. I looked in the Excel Options (via the Office button), but I found nothing to give me the original configuration. had did some changes in the application and created a number of macros. Now I am getting a continuous error while opening a file. Also Excel is working very slow. I am not able to understand the exact cause, the memory consumption looks limited. How to set the default settings of this software as it was before. I had not idea about this. Does anyone know how to recover the original configuration of Excel without any spare hand (and I do not know all that I changed).

Re: Reset Excel 2007 back to Default Settings

It all depends what you changed. Since the Excel Options, have you tried Custom. If not, you should find and in the option of Reset. The below link as complete detail about the same. Above all, do not hesitate to use F1, using Excel help with default as keywords you should have some directions.

Changing Defaults and Settings

I cannot say for sure if there is any default button anywhere. But other way would be by removing Excels tree in the registry and also you will have to uncheck all the addins. You will need to open registry editor and then delete this key from the registry - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel. Hope this will help you out.

You can also try to run Excel with the /regserver switch. First of all close Excel and then click on Start and then in Run you will need to enter the following text including the quotes - "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\Excel.exe" /regserver. Confirm that your Excel path is same and if it is then Excel will start and rewrite all its registry values back to factory defaults and it will reset most of the options as well.