Thread: MS Project 2010 - How do I save it in landscape? as a PDF?

MS Project 2010 - How do I save it in landscape? as a PDF?

I am using MS project for work.

I am having trouble saving it as a PDF in landscape form.

Currently when I save, it ends up taking a 3 page project plan and saving it as a 13 page PDF as everything gets cut off etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: MS Project 2010 - How do I save it in landscape? as a PDF?

Well, I want you to try the Print Setup script step that will allow you to configure the page setup and then you can basically save the file in pdf landscape and without any issues. But keep one thing in mind that you are doing the same before saving the work or the project.

The only way to get project reports in landscape mode is through print setting. You will need to go in page setup and try to configure the same. You might face issue with page size. If the page or report is quiet large then it won't fit on a single page and you will need to take multiple copies of the same. Margin issue is one of the major issue that I face usually when I am trying to export files. It does not really works well. The second thing you can do is try using some different page options. By default A4 is configured.

I am using a third party software called as DoPDF. This tool is quiet easy to use when you need something in pdf file. Before whenever I want to print something in pdf I first export that in one note. Then it takes a bit time to get proper pdf output from the same. I was looking for some kind of virtual printer solution. So I found a tool called a DoPDF. This tool is free to use. It act as a virtual printer. Once installed you can find it as a virtual printer in Devices and Printer. Set it as default. Then just print a page and from the printer box choose DoPDF and click on OK. You can also make changes in the page mode.