Thread: Cannot open .doc and .docx with MS Word 2010

Cannot open .doc and .docx with MS Word 2010

Hello, here is the problem:
    When I double click the doc or docx files, MS Word 2010's beautiful starting screen pops up and it'll close in about 1-2 seconds (I didn't get into the typing area). If I first open Word (successfully) and open a doc or docx files second, the typing area will still stay blank and the title is still document1, but the weird things is that the word count is working......

Anyone know how to fix it??
    Thanks a lot!!!

Re: Cannot open .doc and .docx with MS Word 2010

One of the user on microsoft was also having similar kind of problem and he said that the problem lay the driver of one of the network printers installed when you add the printer. What hedid (as we only have a few clients using this) was just to delete the device, get the late drivers from manufacturer and manually specify the printer using tcp/ip and choosing the driver myself (also deleted all the "extra printers" like fax and document writer. Try it and let us know your results. Also what operating system are you using?

I'm using Windows 7 64bit

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate and your solution is not wroking.... T^T

The MS office 2010 that you are using may not be working properly and that is the reason that you are getting the problems like this. Have you tried to uninstall and install that again? If not then do it now. It will create all the fresh files for this and if the issue is due to some missing or corrupted file then that will be resolved with this. So if nothing helps you then you can give it a try. I hope that this will help you.

I've already done it long ago... it also have the same problem even in safe mode and 2007...

I cannot understand that what is the exact problem with it but if that is not working for you then you can try to use the portable Office 2010. You don’t have to install that. Just double click on it and this will be shown to you in the system tray. Right click on that icon and you will be able to launch any Microsoft utility that you need. Once you are completed with your work then you can save your document and again right click on the icon from system tray and select exit. Check if that can solve the issue.