Thread: Cannot print Calibri font in Office 2010 Word

Cannot print Calibri font in Office 2010 Word

Previously, I was using the Office 2007 and now I have switched to Office 2010. When I was using the Office 2007 then Calibri font was printing fine but after installing the Office 2010 then it cannot be printer properly. I tried both Dell as well as HP printer but both the times, it shows me the same problem. All other fonts are getting printed fine bit the only problem is with the Calibri font. Please help me.I will appreciate each and every reply for this issue. Thank you.

Re: Cannot print Calibri font in Office 2010 Word

You should check and confirm that the printer that you are using is set to use the downloaded fonts and not the internal fonts. If it is not set then it will not be able to use the extra fonts that you have downloaded and will have trouble while printing that font. So if you are getting problem like this then this is the first thing that you need to check. Set that accordingly and I am quite sure that if that is not set then setting this will solve the problem. Good Luck!!!

I was also having the similar problem and I tried the answer that is suggested above but that does not solve the problem. And after that the only thing that helped me is replacing the Calibri version 5.62 that comes with the Office 2010 with the version 5.0 Calibri font of Office 2007. After doing that, it solves the problem for me. So you should also do the same and I am quite sure that it will solve the problem for you as it did for me. So search and download the font. Thanks.

The driver for the printer that is installed in your computer may be having problem with that and so you are getting problems like this. You need to uninstall the driver and install that again. If it solves the issue then it is fine but if that does not solve the problem then you can search for the latest driver on web and install this. Many of the times, I have seen that installing the latest driver for the printer solves the issue. You can also try this and I wish that it will do the same for you.

Thank you very much all of you for such a quick reply. I tried many things to solve this issue but finally when I replaced the Calibri version 5.62 with version 5.0 Calibri fonts then it solves the problem. I recommend all the users who are searching for the solution of the same problem to do the same and if it can solve the issue for me then it can do the same for you also.

I am working on upgrading a major coporation to Office 2010, and we encountered this issue as well. The issue manifersts itself when the user tries to print a document that is using the new Calibri font, and based off of what we had found we had tested replacing the font with the 5.0 version, which does work but it is not easy to accomplish this across 5000 pc's.

I wrote a script that replaced the font with the old one, but PC's need to be rebooted to clear out their font cache and if this did not occur, Office would throw out insufficient memory errors in some cases, and that was not suitable for our environment, so we continued digging...

We found that if we install the NEW font on the print server, that all of the clients print too, it solves the issue. I have conducted tests that at least in our environment, this solved the issue without trying to replace fonts across all of the PC's

If this is still an issue for some people, please reply and I will do what I can to assist.
    Last edited by joshbuss; 31-03-2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Spell Check :/

Adding the fonts on the server was way off here is what fixed it for many of the users and you can also try the same:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960985

To work around this issue, install the Complex Script support files. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run

2. Type intl.cpl, and then click OK.

3. Click the Languages tab.

4. Under Supplemental language support, click to select the Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai) check box.

5. When you receive the following message, click OK to close the message:

You chose to install the Arabic, Armenian, Georgian, Hebrew, Indic, Thai and Vietnamese language files. This will require 10 MB or more of available disk space. The files will be installed after you click OK or Apply on the Regional and Language Options dialog box.

6. Click OK to close the Regional and Language Options dialog box.

It may have fixed the issue for many users, but in our case it did not. I addmit that the fix that we have is odd, and we don't understand 100% why its working, but when we add the new font on the print server, the issue is resolved, and when the font is uninstalled, the issue returns. This test was performed several times accross several diffrent printers, and it may not help anybody else, but in our specific case it is what worked.

Like i said it may not be right, but it may help somebody. Anybody have any insight why this may be working for us?

There was recently a hotfix for it that was available and it worked. This has been a pretty big issue for me. This was the problem

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954744/

Terminal Services Easy Print? We are not using this, we have desktop workstations that are connecting to a print server's shared printers. No terminal services are involved in our issue. so I don't think this is the same issue that we are seeing...

I think that the printer driver is not fully compatible with office 2010 and its word documents. Try checking with the manufacturer for the latest printer driver and then delete and reinstall the printer. The other possibility - though less likely - is that you are printing Word to a printer that is set to use its internal fonts: it doesn't have Calibri. When you convert to PDF, the pages are being sent as graphics which the printer will print, of course, as it doesn't need the font.

I'd agree with Expertz on the printer driver being partially to blame, however the printers that this occurs on are outdated, and no longer are provided updates. We have seen this issue on our HP laserjet 4xxx series, as well as Xerox 21xx printers.

In our testing the newer printers, such as the Ricohs and Konica Bizhubs do not experience the issue, while I can reproduce trhe issue EVERY time on the older printers.

My question is why when Calibri is NOT installed on the print server it prints incorrectly on the mentioned printers, and after we install Calibri everything seems to work? Is anybody else experiencing this issue that may be willing to try this?

BTW - PDF's do work as expected