Thread: Install office 2003, have key, no disc drive

Install office 2003, have key, no disc drive

Hello. I’m using an Acer Netbook. Yesterday I bought a new copy of Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 CD and want to install it in my Netbook but there is no CD drive. Also I searched Microsoft Sites they don’t provide its download anymore. After few searches I came to know that we can copy the CD to Flash Drive and run the setup from there as well.

Well I did the same. I copied the CD content to my Flash drive using my Desktop, then connected it with my Netbook and started the setup. Installation started properly but when I entered the product key I received an error saying it is Corrupted and setup quits.

Somebody please help me out with any alternate way of getting this Office Suite installed on my system. Thank you.

Re: Install office 2003, have key, no disc drive

Copying the contents to USB drive doesn’t create this problem. But still I would suggest you to copy the CD first to USB drive, then move the content to your netbook partition. Better copy it at desktop itself and try running the setup from there. See if you get the same problem. Alternatively don’t you have any external DVD drive?

Sulolab is correct. Running setup from USB drive is not cause of this error. Most probably your USB might have some bad sectors which can for sure create problems. So you can try out the method provided above (copying to desktop) or you should first format your Flash drive and copy CD to the same and then run setup connecting it to your netbook. See if it works.

Thank you very much for the help guys. I'll try out both your suggestions and see which one works. Hope anyhow i get the office suite on my netbook.

Thanks again.