Thread: Can Not Install Office 2010 Proof.cab Not Found

Can Not Install Office 2010 Proof.cab Not Found

I have downloaded Office 2010, but can not installed it, since the proof.cab not found. The proofing.en-us folder only contain proof.msi.
    Anyone pls help me?!!!

Re: Can Not Install Office 2010 Proof.cab Not Found

That error can occur with various operating systems. Disable / uninstall your Antivirus software and try again the installation. I am assuming that you're using an original version. The Internet circulates an illegal version that has exactly this error. This problem occurs with me also, it turned out that the file on the CD was indeed flawed. I got a new CD with the installation went smoothly.

this did not work for me. i tried uninstalling my antivirus... still no joy. i even tried telling the installer NOT to install the proofing tools. no joy

open office doesn't have these issues. i am extremely frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by ikjeft01 View Post
    this did not work for me. i tried uninstalling my antivirus... still no joy. i even tried telling the installer NOT to install the proofing tools. no joy

open office doesn't have these issues. i am extremely frustrated
    Follow the below instructions given in this link - http://blog.ryantadams.com/2008/07/1...-office-2007/:

1. When the installer pops up the error, ignore it. Don’t close or cancel the install, just let it sit.
    2. Perform a Windows search for “proof.msi”. You may need to select the “Search system folders” option.
    3. In the results, you will see “proof.msi” located somewhere in the Windows temporary directory.
    4. Copy, or write down, the path that is found.
    5. Return to the installer. You should still have the error message present asking you to enter a location. In the box at the bottom of the error message, type or paste the path from step 4.
    6. Now that you have the path typed/pasted, delete the “proofing.en-us\proof.en\proof.msi” part from it.
    7. Press enter.

Go to this link http://bit.ly/J7wE8C and click on the "Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter Fixit" and run the tool. By doing this Microsoft Office will be uninstalled from your computer. Since you might be having the Product Identifier with activation key with you, you can try to download the trial version of MS Office and activate it using the same product key. Download the trial version from here - http://bit.ly/8ZpxqE