Thread: What are the options available to convert jpeg to txt

What are the options available to convert jpeg to txt

I am having some images which has many code in them. There was some issue in my friends pc so he send me the screenshot of his work. Now the problem is that I want to extract text from it. I am not able to find anything in Office. I event tried to save as the file in various format. But still it is a image file. I do not have time to type everything manually. Can anyone tell me a simple way to extracting text from the image file.

There is no way to extract text from image file. It is a static file. Actually there is no text available in the image file. You have to type that manually. You can try taking a print out of the same and then type, which will be more easier for you. You can try finding some solution on the same on web. But it looks complicated to me.

You can do that through a OCR software. It is possible but there is no guarantee that you will get the exact text that is mentioned in the image. I had did this before some time ago. I had printed the image file and then scan it again. The scanning must be done inside a OCR software. The software will give you the text as it is. So that is a much easier way. But if there are special characters or text in other language then you might get lots of junk.