Thread: MS Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close Office 2003

MS Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close Office 2003

In the last couple of days, I am getting random error messages if I am using Excel and Outlook in office 2003 that states "MS Excel/Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close." It will then tell me to send the usual error report and also has a check box to click if you want to restart MS Excel or Outlook but if you do that, its a continous uneding cycle of the program opening and then getting an error message and starting over again. I have used detect and repair on both but have to first restart my pc before it can work properly again. I dont know what else to do, please help.

Re: MS Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close Office 2003

If you see the window 'do you want to send...' then there is an option to chck what data is being sent, if you will check that then you will get some dtails about the same error and if you choose to not restart, then open Task Manager and in running processess check whether outlook.exe or excel.exe is still running, if so, then end both the process and see if that works.

Re: MS Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close Office 2

Alright I will try that out, but did you hear about this issue that is also happening to other people? I want to get as much information on this issue, but am not sure to know enough to understand the error report. Please help.

Re: MS Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close Office 2

Can you try to copy the first few lines of the error message and paste it here in your next reply, we will look at it and find some solutions based on that error.